Matric Notes Class 10th English Book Exercise Chapter 13 Faithfulness Grammar Writing Skills

Matric Notes Class 10th English Book Exercise Chapter 13 Faithfulness Grammar Writing Skills
Matric Notes Class 10th English Book Exercise Chapter 13 Faithfulness Grammar Writing Skills

If you want to view Exercise of other Chapter of English 10th Please Click Here.

Grammar

Third Conditional Type, In these sentences, the time is past and situation is contrary to reality.
If clause Independent Clause
If clause
  [If + Subject + past perfect] Independent Clause[Subject + modal + have + past participle]
If clause [If Murtaza had worked hard] Independent Clause [He would not have failed]

A. Put in the correct verbs to make third conditional sentences.
1. If you __ (not/be) late, we __ (not/miss) the bus.
Ans.
If you had not been late, we would not have missed the bus.
2. If we __ (arrive) earlier, we __ (see) our aunt.
Ans.
If we had arrived earlier, we would have our aunt.
3. If she __ (go) to art school, she __ (become) a painter.
Ans.
If she had gone to art school, she would have become a painter.
4. If I __ (be) born in a different country, I __ (learn) to speak a different language.
Ans.
If I had been born in a different country, I would have learnt to speak different languages.
5. They __ (be) late if they __ (not/take) a taxi.
Ans.
They would have been late if they had not taken a taxi.
6. We __ (come) if we __ (be) invited.
Ans.
We would have come if we had been invited.

B. Combine the following sets of simple sentences to make compound sentences.
1. It rained for three days. The street in my neighborhood flooded.
Ans.
It rained for three days so the streets in my neighborhood flooded.
2. Kareem completed his homework. He put it in his binder.
Ans.
Kareem completed his homework and he put it in his binder.
3. Haris mowed the lawn. He earned hundred rupees.
Ans.
Haris mowed the lawn so he earned hundred rupees.
4. Neelum doesn’t like seafood. She doesn’t like cabbage.
Ans.
Neelum doesn’t like seafood nor does she like cabbage.
5. My pencil was broken. I borrowed one for Bushra.
Ans.
My pencil was broken so I borrowed one from Bushra.
6. I like apples, I like pears more.
Ans.
I like apples but I like pears more.
7. Eight people got into the elevator. It was crowded. Three people got off.
Ans.
Eight people got into the elevator and it was crowded so three people got off.
8. Sara gathered the pictures. She could arrange them in a special album for her family.
Ans.
Sara gathered the pictures so she could arrange them in a special album for her family.

C. Combine the following sets of simple sentences to make complex sentences.
1. I did not go to the meeting. I was lucky.
Ans.
I did not go to the meeting because I was lucky.
2. You may be wrong. I cannot say.
Ans.
You may be wrong though I cannot say.
3. He worked hard day and night. He did not wish to fail.
Ans.
He worked hard day and night because he did not wish to fail.
4. The examination ended. The students went home.
Ans.
The examination ended, the students went home.
5. Their progress was slow. They were tired.
Ans.
Their progress was slow as they were tired.
6. You should overlook his fault. It would be an act of generosity on your part.
Ans.
You should overlook his fault as it would be an act of generosity on your part.
7. We found him in the house. He had formerly lived in that house.
Ans.
We found him in the house because he had formerly lived in that house.
8. The boy gave an explanation of his misconduct. The explanation was not accepted by the headmaster.
Ans.
The boy gave an explanation of his misconduct while the explanation was not accepted by the headmaster.

D. Read the following sentences. Bold the subordinating conjunctions, underline independent clause and put commas after dependent clauses.
Example:
Although I hate tea parties, I went to please my mother.
1. While I am attending school I can work part-time so that I can save money.
Ans. While
I am attending school, I can work part-time so that I can save money.
2. So that I could go to college my parents worked hard and saved money.
Ans. So that
I could go to college, my parents worked hard and saved money.
3. If the motor will not start we will have to find a mechanic as soon as possible.
Ans. If
the motor will not start, we will have to find a mechanic as soon as possible.
4. Although the blue jacket was on sale I did not but it.
Ans. Although
the blue jacket was on sale, I did not but it.
5. When the school bell rang the children left the classroom.
Ans. When
the school bell rang, the children left the classroom.
6. Since he had no luggage with him it seemed odd for him to be one the road.
Ans.
Since he had no luggage with him, it seemed odd for him to be one the road.
7. Even after the fire was out there was a great deal of cleanup to do.
Ans. Even after
the fire was out, there was a great deal of cleanup to do.

E. Change from the direct into the indirect speech.
“I was leading my beloved camel … and I surrendered myself to them”.
Ans.
He told that he had been leading his beloved camel and he had surrendered himself to them.

F. Rewrite each sentence. Put quotation marks at appropriate places.
Example:
Spring, Sohail said, is my favorite time of year.
“Spring” Sohail said, “is my favorite time of year.”
Ans.
1. “Do you think it’s okay” asked Ali, “if I wear this dress to school tomorrow?”
2. “If you had to guess” said Mr. Tariq, “who would you say is my favorite author?”
3. “I will call you after I get home”. Irum said, “and we can discuss our science experiment together”
4. “We’ll be eating supper in about an hour” said mother, “so don’t eat any more snacks”
5. “We need to fertilize the lawn today” said father, “since it’s supposed to rain tomorrow.”


Writing Skills

A. Write the character sketch of the villager.
Character sketch of the Villager

The villager was a strongman. He was truthful, honest and a brave person. But he was also a hot headed and unable to control his anger. When, after killing the old man he realized his crime he willingly handed himself over to the old man’s sons. He confessed his crime and capital punishment was announced for him. But at the same time he requested the caliph for postpone the punishment for three days. As he wanted to hand over gold, which was kept to him, for his younger brother. He asked Hazrat Abu ZarGhafari for surety. He returned after three days. So we come to know that he was honest, committed and above all a man of words who proved his words by his actions.

B. Summarize the story with the help of mind map given below.
Ans.
Once Hazrat Umar (R.A) sitting in the Mosque of the Holy Prophet (SAW) was busy in the affairs of the state. Two young men brought the case of their father’s murder to Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A). It revealed that the old man hurled a stone at the camel because the camel nipped a few leaves off the hanging branch of a tree. The villager asked Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A) to delay the execution because he had to appoint a trustee to handover the gold of his brother which his father had left at his death. The criminal was allowed to leave on surety. ‘Sahabas’ were, worried for the safety of Hazrat Abu ZarGhaffari (R.A). The accusers forgave the villagers for his faithfulness, honesty and truthfulness. His noble character, impressed the accusers a lot so they forgave him.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post