Matric English Essay My Last Day at School with Quotations

Matric English Essay My Last Day at School with Quotations

Note: To find other essays please click on this link Essays.

Matric English Essay My Last Day at School


Tears trickle down my cheeks as I remember my last day in my school. It was the day of parting and parting in life is painful. It was the last chapter of the glorious book of my student life. I had been a student in my school for ten years. It was a golden period of my life. But the golden period passed away like a happy dream.

The 15th of February, 2009, was my last day at school. It was a day of mixed joy and sorrow. We were happy because we were going to be free from the strict discipline of the school. We were sad because we were going to part from our teachers and friends.

On that day were given preparatory holidays. No teaching work was done. Our class teachers came as usual to our class. They laid great stress on the importance of revising papers. “It is easier,” said they, “to satisfy the examiner with a few lines written correctly and well, than with pages full of mistakes.”

They also advised us not to be nervous but take the examination with courage. The Headmaster assured us that even during the preparatory holidays we could get our difficulties removed if we wanted to.

The ninth class students had arranged a farewell party on the eve of our departure. We all assembled in the hall. We were served with sweets and tea. Songs were sung and speeches suited to the occasion were made.

The Monitor of the Ninth Class read out the farewell address which was so touching. He referred to our good behaviour and the splendid role played by us in making the school so popular. He sincerely prayed to God for our success in the Board examination.

After this our worthy Headmaster and teachers showered their blessings on us and addressed a few words of wisdom and advice. Those words are still ringing in my ears. One of our friends sang a farewell song which moved everyone to tears.

On behalf of my class I thanked the ninth class friends for the sumptuous party they had given and the fine words they had spoken. I heartily thanked the Headmaster and the teachers for their keen interest in and parental love for us. The occasion was so touching that I could not help shedding tears.

Then we were photographed along with the Headmaster and the teachers. We bade good-bye to one another. Our throats were too choked to utter a word.

Gloom reigned in the school. I took leave of my teachers, asked for their blessings and started for home. My feet faltered. I left the gate, but the school building, seemed to beckon to me.

I threw back a wistful glance. I then consoled myself. I thought I should visit this seat of light and learning once a year. I should pay back my debt to the school by helping it with money.

Days have rolled by since I left the school. Whenever I sit in an idle and thoughtful mood the whole picture of my school is raised before me. I bend my head of respect of my school. Can I ever forget my school? No, never.

Written by:  Shahid Bashir  &  Shakel

Compiled by: Asad Hussain

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post