Matric English Essay My House with Quotations

Matric English Essay My House with Quotations

Note: To find other essays please click on this link Essays.

Matric English Essay My House


Home is the place where we are born and live. It is the sweetest place in the world. When we sense danger elsewhere we find safety in our home. When there is joy, we share it with other members of our home. Everybody loves home. For this reason are English poet has written:

"Home, home, sweet home, There is no place like home."

My home is situated in the middle of the village. There are six members in our family. They are my father, mother, grand-father, grand-mother, my sister and I. I am the second and the youngest child of my parents. So, being the youngest member, I enjoy love and affection of all. My father is an advocate. My mother is a teacher. She works in the Primary School in our village. My sister is a student. She reads in Women's College. My grand-mother and grand-father love my parents. I am their favorite grandson.

We live in a thatched house. The house indicates the simplicity of our family. It has mud walls. There are four rooms excluding the drawing room and the kitchen.

My parents share the room adjoining the kitchen. My grand-mother and grand-father share the room near the drawing room. Another room is used as the store room. There is a spacious courtyard. We have also a cowshed with two cows and a little calf.

I respect my parents and old grand-parents. I always obey their commands. My mother and grand-mother do not like to part with me for a moment. When I go to school, my grand-mother accompanies me up to the school. She waits for me at the school gate during the last period.

My mother cooks food for us. As she is a teacher, she prepares food in the morning and preserves it properly for lunch. My sister who stays in the college hostel often comes and helps my mother in her work. I sometimes play interesting jokes with my grand-father and grand-mother.

I am very fond of our garden. I water the flower plants at my leisure. When my grand-father goes to the cowshed, I go with him. I often kiss the little calf. When someone of my home falls ill, I take proper care.

My uncle comes to our family every month. He brings sweets for me. Sometimes the friends of my father come and take dinner here. My father is a good host. On my birthday my mother invites other teachers of her school. They all come and share the joy with us.
All the villagers respect my home. They say that ours is an ideal home.

Written by:  Shahid Bashir  &  Shakel

Compiled by: Asad Hussain

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post